Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Is Islam more scientific than Xianity?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Islam more scientific than Xianity?  (Read 2659 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Is Islam more scientific than Xianity?
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »

We granted a woman the title of "Honorary Christian" for her ridiculous claims about science and Islam so we could include her in the herp-derp Christians of the week segment.

Download Episode

Ylisium

• View Profile
Re: Is Islam more scientific than Xianity?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:19:25 PM »

Just from a scientific point of view.

The idea of a third gender, unless it's hermaphrodite, is silly.

It's funny how people hate on Christians because of their unscientific ways, but when you point out the fallicy in their idea of an optional "third gender" based on feels, you're an asshole.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:48:27 PM »

It's funny how people hate on Christians because of their unscientific ways, but when you point out the fallicy in their idea of an optional "third gender" based on feels, you're an asshole.

What inaccurate scientific claim do you think they're making, exactly? Transgendered people are not saying their plumbing isn't specifically male or female; only that their wiring doesn't match the plumbing. They're well aware of their physical sex. A trans woman knows she is bio-male and isn't claiming she's going to go have a baby or something.

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »

Ah you mean how the media went nuts a few years ago because a "man" was having a baby. When, in reality, it was a F > M TG.

I don't see the point of it on a census because it's more of an emotional state of being. If I'm looking for hard data then I don't want feels mixed up in my information.

And honestly, no one has ever said it to me, the way you just did. Usually it comes across as a "I think, therefore I am" statement of fact. Which, it isn't. Unless we can change that troublesome chromosome, even the new lab grown vaginas wont change your biological sex.

No issues with the transgendered, just the way bio-sex appears to be asserted as fact.

However, I'm willing to be wrong on the way I'm receiving.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »

Even biological gender can get really complicated. New estimates of the incidents of inter-sexual conditions are much higher than once believed. Families tend to be very secretive about having babies who were born with ambiguous gender. Sometimes they do surgery so early that the children themselves don't know they're inter-sexed and it often results in emotional problems later. They're starting to discover inter-sex conditions that are more subtle and sometimes take lab tests to find so there are probably a lot of people out there who don't realize. There are even folks in whom some of their cells are XX and some of their cells are XY. There's a case where someone who was over 90% XY gave birth. There are people who are XY but their cells are resistant to male hormones so they develop looking completely female, oftentimes hyper-feminine compared to other women. It would be ridiculous to declare those people to be biologically male because they have XY chromosomes. Nature is actually quite messy so it gets a little silly to always shove everyone into one of two simple categories.

Of course I acknowledge that most people are pretty clearly definable biologically as male or female. Being mis-wired is fairly common though and we keep finding new biological markers to explain some mis-wirings. I can be impatient when people substitute feelz for logic, reason, and science, but the "feelz" sometimes have a biological basis.

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »

I can be impatient when people substitute feelz for logic, reason, and science

This.

and, if...

ut the "feelz" sometimes have a biological basis.

is indicative of a real physiological circumstance, I'm fine with that. 

It's the former that really drives me insane.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Is Islam more scientific than Xianity?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.