Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I love you all!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I love you all!  (Read 12085 times)

Alex Libman

I love you all!
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »

So I've had another nervous breakdown last month, probably brought on by an accumulation of several years of trying to apply my flavor of rationalism (mostly Ayn Rand, some Anarcho-Capitalism, and a lot of Alex Libman) to the real world.  Trying to live those values in an infinitely-complex analog monkey-world (and while being quite an emotional little monkey-brain myself) is a sure path to insanity, and I've traveled it well.  It turned me into a hateful, isolated creature (even more so than before) who rejects everyone and everything, including himself, and is completely and utterly incapable of getting anything done.  I couldn't look at a computer, a person, a sandwich, a birdie, or anything else without seeing fascist commies everywhere...  It's a good thing I don't deal with people much anymore, but over the past few months I've switched between a dozen different operating systems a hundred times in trying to figure out which one made me less likely to smash another laptop...  I've quit my corporate job because of the IRS, I stopped driving because of the cops, all I do all day is troll political forums or think in circles for a few hours before collapsing from exhaustion...

I can't go on like this anymore, and, frankly, I'm not sure I have the power to change anything about myself.  The best hope I see for my survival is a drastic, emotionally healing, therapeutic, (irrational!  evil!  Kantian!) intervention of pure mindless feel-good openness, a surrender to pure, universal, unconditional love!

(Damn this is difficult...)

I love every person sitting in prison for whatever (non)crime, and I love the government agents who've put them there.

I love George W. Bush, and I love Barack Obama.  I want to embrace both of them as human beings and just cry, cry, cry...

I love Bill Gates, and I love Richard M. Stallman.  I admire them both intellectually, and I no longer what to think about whether their work relies on government force - I want that concept to completely disappear from my mind, at least for a little while!

I love all the people who've insulted me on a hundred different forums, and I love the moderators who've banned me.

I love every fair-weather "libertarian" whose political philosophy was so illogical I used to think "with friends like these who needs enemies", but I love everyone now, every entity and concept that can possibly be loved.

I bring you... love...

(seriously)

Love,
Alex

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: I love you all!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 03:42:29 PM »

There's always suicide.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »

I love George W. Bush, and I love Barack Obama. 

It's OK to introduce a little moderation into your philosophy of the week.

alaric89

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »

Whats a nervous breakdown like?

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »

There's always suicide.

I love you, Diogenes.   :D

It's OK to introduce a little moderation into your philosophy of the week.

I love you, Ecolitan.   :D

And I love moderation too - do you think it's enjoyable to live in the middle of the woods eating pea-mush and spinach?  The problem is that reason cannot answer the question of where and how to compromise.  Reason can tell you to make a decision matrix, but it's up to you to decide how much weight to assign to different priorities, like whether to become a second-hander to Richard "the states should form a union" Stallman (whom I love) or to create a pure Anarcho-Capitalist fork of FreeBSD (which was to be called the Libman Software Distribution, or FreeLSD (that was just a joke, I think)).  Pure reason leads to intolerance leads to isolation leads to suffering leads to the dark side.  There's no way to reconcile that without love, which is exactly what the smartest libertarians (ex. Ian (love)) seem to be doing.

Whats a nervous breakdown like?

I love you, Alaric.   :D

In answer to your question - the first dozen or so are the hardest, but it gets easier after a while.   :lol:

Love,
Alex.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:02:35 PM by Alex Libman »

Amazing Richard

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »

Alex, you should try identifying as a "libertine". I've been doing it for a while and it works great. Whenever somebody says something to me, I just dismiss it as "conceptual bullshit". Based on the odds, it's going to be "conceptual bullshit", anyways...so there is no need to even entertain the idea or notion.

Perhaps my new system is more in line with Nihilism, but there does seem to be a connection to Libertinism......but you know what, it really doesn't matter, anywayz......cuz it's all "conceptual bullshit".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:46:17 PM by Princess Pubella »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »

You can probably stop taking those estrogen shots now Libman. They're fucking with your moods.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ForumTroll

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »

I'll believe it when Libman posts a pic of himself.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:46:52 PM »

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

ForumTroll

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 11:47:33 PM »

Sigh, shack picks...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »

Sigh, shack picks...

Do a google image search for his name.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 01:44:16 AM »

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Alex Libman

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 11:18:52 AM »

[...]  it's all "conceptual bullshit".

I love you, Richard.   :D

Philosophical thought does have tremendous value, but philosophy (love), especially the aesthetics branch (love), must do a better job recognizing human emotions (love), human frailty (love), and the need for universal unconditional love.  This is the one thing (along with "positive" "intellectual" "property" "rights" (quotation style mooched from Mike Hampton (love))) that Ayn Rand (love) was IMHO very wrong about.  When you make uncompromising integrity and heroic achievement (love) your core aesthetic values, you are forced to leave at least 99.9% of humanity (love) in the dumpster, most likely including yourself (love).  Try as we might, human beings (love) just can't operate under these conditions.  Human beings want to shop in relatively shabby mom and pop stores (love) instead of WalMart (love), use relatively shabby software just because it's "open source" (love), boycott rich people (love) who don't donate enough to charity (love), etc.  All those market mechanisms would actually be very constructive under an Anarcho-Capitalist system (love).

You can probably stop taking those estrogen shots now Libman. They're fucking with your moods.

I love you, Anarchir.   :D

Most of my mood swings (love) are 100% natural, but yesterday I had a stress-induced fever of like 102-103 (love), so that might have contributed.  Still "natural" though.  :lol:

Libman, I think you're on the right track there.  Glad to see it.  :D

I love you, Ox.   :D

Thank you.   :D

I love you, BonerJoe.   :D

Pictures of my face are prohibited by InterPol (love) under their "respect for genetic oddities and horrific human disfigurement" clause.   :lol:

Also I don't have a camera at the moment.

http://www.shackpics.com/download.x?file=Libman_qx0qbnexxz1zi1z3yl8i.jpg

I love you, John Shaw.   :D

Yeah, that's a picture (love) of me (love) before my new Unixbeard (love), taken from a spy satellite (love) or something.  You have my permission to morph (love) my face (love) on a zombie (love) if you like.  :lol:

Do a google image search for his name.

The facebook guy (love) is not me.  Also most of the images you'll see (love) are from this forum (love).

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/364937_main.jpg

I love you, Terror Australis.   :D

That does look like me (love), except the clothing (love) and being seen around other people (love).

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »

What the bloody hell is going on in this thread? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »

What the bloody hell is going on in this thread? 

Libman is attention-whoring again.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  I love you all!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 26 queries.