Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rational rejection of humor.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rational rejection of humor.  (Read 2926 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Rational rejection of humor.
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:30:47 AM »

Seriously.

Of all the things I've given up on in recent months (driving, above-ground employment, sex, good food, alcohol, smoking, pets, violent fantasies, etc, etc, etc) this might quite possibly be the hardest, because all the bullshit I post here is really quite addicting for me, even if I alone am amused by it.

I mean, no one understand me.  It might be a Russian-Jewish thing, or a side-effect of my extreme introversion / cultural isolationism / "social anxiety disorder", or not my fault entirely, but most of my attempts at humor on this forum don't go over very well, and they waste way too much of my time.  I've always rationalized it as cultural experimentation or bonding with (potential / future) Free Staters, but it seems to be having the opposite effect...

So my rational mind tells me it would be best to make a clean break.  It seems impossible at this point, but, well, so did everything else...  I can't imagine how I'd do it, since even my habitual writing style is filled with attempts at witticisms and the like, but the extremes of humor-related behavior must definitely be prohibited ASAP.  I mean, I just tried to participate in what I thought was "a lulz thread" and I have three mods threatening to ban me now...  Clearly I'm just not smart / socially skilled / in-sync enough to understand what's going on, so why even bother trying to fit in?  There are so many other ways in which I can express myself that aren't quite as subjective and potentially controversial.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:34:12 AM by Alex Libman »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Rational rejection of humor.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 03:35:56 AM »

I don't know any Jewish people besides you and perhaps Borat that joke about raping small children and eating their corpses.  I think its just you.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 03:38:48 AM »

OK, so it was just me (though in a slightly less brutal context than you make it appear).  Either way, I should stop now.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04:09:38 AM »

whatcha Post?  I missed it.

I think you really just are moving over to:

http://anarchorebellion.ath.cx/

I'd like to stay.  Half the shit I read is posted by you.

fatcat

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »

Don't try so hard.

You're at your coolest when you're just being smart and not trying to devise elaborate contrivances, and not trying to antagonize people.

A little sincerity goes a long way.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 12:16:56 PM »

whatcha Post?  I missed it.

He was spamming.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Alex Libman

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »

I haven't had a TV in years, but I pirate a few shows that are really worth my time (ex. Big Love, Mad Men, Stossel, Freedom Watch, etc).  Normally I don't pay attention to things like the Emmys, but this year I went to the Wikipedia page to see how Mad Men did, and something really caught my eye...  ALL POLITICAL COMEDY IS TO THE LEFT OF PRAVDA!

Jon Stewart?!  Colbert?!  Bill Maher?!

Why can't anyone be funny and understand basic economics AT THE SAME TIME?!

:x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rational rejection of humor.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 26 queries.