Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Alex Libman was wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Alex Libman was wrong.  (Read 18146 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Alex Libman was wrong.
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »

I guess the first step is to admit that I have a problem...

This problem often manifests itself through uncontrollable urges to write or say (but never do) very angry and violent things directed at the subject of my hatred, almost invariably the state.  I've always recognized that the verbal or written expression of this anger was irrational, but until now I've justified it under some sort of a poetic license that I've made up in my head, and that I now wish to renounce.

It was wrong of me to talk about killing cops, blowing up capital cities, etc, because those statements have negative consequences not only for me but also for people in movements I associate myself with.  Please don't take this confession as an admission that I was wrong about everything I've ever said, only my violent rants, which I now recognize that I need to stop.  Which is not going to be easy, because it's almost like an addiction of sorts - I feel all bottled up before I do it, and I feel better afterwards...  I recognize that I need to find better ways of dealing with my emotions.

I accept the responsibility for the stupid violent things I've said and wrote in the past, and I recognize that it was and is logical for some people to ostracize me as the result.  I will look for ways to correct my problem -- and it is my problem and no one else's -- and I can only hope to earn their forgiveness someday in the future.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Alex Libman was wrong.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »

If this is sincere then awesome on you.

*Tentative High Five*
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:03:24 AM »

Were you busted? Did they make you say this?

Still, good for you if this is sincere. I'd join your little farming network or whatever if I was nearby, but not if it had the threat of violence hanging about.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:08 AM »

Thank you.  :D

No, I wasn't busted, but ostracism from some core FSP members has been a powerful motivator.  I may theoretically still lose my self-control, as I have countless times in the past, but now I know that there are serious consequences to those failures.  Having to hold in my violent verbal diarrhea all the time is very bad, but having good people ostracize you is much worse...

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 01:39:04 AM »

I'm only ostracizing you for cycling accounts. :P For the deadly virus, I have Folding@Home. :D

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »

Yeah, "cycling accounts" is another example of emotionally-driven irrational behavior that I should cease.  Several times I've done it out of freakish mood swings and desires to "quit the liberty movement" cold turkey...  And several times I've done it just to frustrate the people who'd over-react to it - another "poetic license" that I now wish to renounce.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 01:55:38 AM »

Who doesn't vent every now and then? Its healthy. Suggesting fighting is not so much.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 02:00:21 AM »

good on you libman,  I would say that this is was a very decent thing for you to do.
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 03:20:37 AM »

if you're actually part of the FSP, where are you in new hampshire libman?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 04:51:24 AM »

I've had one foot in New Jersey and another in New Hampshire for almost 3 years now, and that will have to continue to be the case a while longer...  I like to keep a very low IRL profile for now, which is a completely separate issue from the one this thread aims to address.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 05:26:04 AM »

If the price were right, I would have sex with Libman.

This should be a meme.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »

(1)  If I wasn't asexual I'd be heterosexual, but I appreciate the compliment all the same.

(2)  I think most people would even have sex with Reagan's corpse if the price was right.  No matter how unpleasant it would be - a few minutes later you're a billionaire for the rest of your life!

(3)  That's not what this thread is about.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »

For a few billion dollars I'd engage in a necro gangbang.

Can these people track your IRL name to your online names, Libman? Or do you say this stuff to lots of people IRL too?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:02 AM »

Yes, and it has gotten me in trouble IRL as well.  The problem that it comes off even less convincing IRL, like the loser with Social Anxiety Disorder that I am, it's very obvious that I'm overcompensating.

fatcat

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 09:52:24 AM »

I think we've made some real progress here today.

Group hug?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Alex Libman was wrong.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 40 queries.