Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  So what If 'We'/'They' are TROLLS?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So what If 'We'/'They' are TROLLS?  (Read 2807 times)

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
So what If 'We'/'They' are TROLLS?
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »

Honest truth:  I came here after discovering freetalklive podcast from PodCastAlley right about the time Ian and the couch dilemma occurred.  I found it stimulating freedom talk radio with a lively discourse.  I loved how Mark called Ian out for begging for mercy from Burke the Jerk.  That was GOOD FUCKING RADIO.  No  sugar coating.  I was hooked.  I thought that's how reason operated.  Calling the cow defecation as the bullshit it is when you perceive it.

Then I came to this BBS and started "lurking".

If it wasn't for the 'so called trolls' I would have never stayed.

These guys are funny.

Give them a topic and the discuss it while being belligerent, insightful,  and funny all at the same time..

IT'S THE REASON I stayed.

It's funny here.
 Tongue in cheek libertarian discourse.

Mark seems to get it better than Ian.  

Ian takes shit way to seriously sometimes.

And let's be seriously honest= LIBERTARIANS/VOLUNTARYISTS/ANARCHO-Capitalist forums, chatting in circles, preaching to the choir, talking about "their move/anticipated move to N.H./Keene is fucking lame.  

So admit it!

Mark, Ian and the rest of you daily forum Lurkers fucking admit you come back b/c you love the discourse.

You are fucking addicted to the trolls here, just as am I.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:01:30 AM by WidespreadPanic »

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
Re: So what If 'We'/'They' are TROLLS?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:04:52 AM »

Like I'm addicted to a hole in my head.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:41:36 AM »

You don't have the full picture.  The trolls are part of the subculture here, there are friendly trolls and outsider trolls, who are hostile invaders.  When you lump the locals in with a rude piece of verbiage like that, and treat them identically, its improper.  The trolls that live  here are to be shown a little bit of respect.  Having a sneer in your tone when half of 'em are Amps, its a slap in the face of some of the longest inhabitants that reside here. 

When they talk about the trolls, they're addressing half the forum that is just very casual and doesn't give a fuck about being all polite.  Its a blood thing, they might be trolls, but they're our  trolls.  Its like brothers that fight a lot, beat each other snotty.  You know they'll turn on you like pack animals as soon as you dis one of them.  Same thing.  Don't fuck wit my trollz, is all I'm sayin. 

I like the way Ian and Mark have been rolling it around in their heads, looking at it from a slightly different perspective.  I appreciate it, in a lot of ways that I won't bother getting into.  It must be very frustrating for them to take a breath and pause, and put a smile on before responding.  But these guys fucking amp, and react negatively when they're not recognized for that.  It turns fuckin hostile, and it scares away the more polite people who should be including themselves here as well. 

If we can all get along without these clashes, it gets cooler and attracts more people.  When everyone's in a big flame war, nobody joins because it looks fucking crazy from the perspective of an outsider.  All of this influences the amount Mark can charge for ads, because he can quote visitor traffic statistics.  If nobodys here, nobody sees the ads.  (after you catch on and use adblock, it doesn't matter, its still traffic).

error

• FTL Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:48:35 AM »

This is why I don't try to moderate here anymore. "Your" trolls look to me exactly like all the other trolls.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:07:15 AM »

This is why I don't try to moderate here anymore. "Your" trolls look to me exactly like all the other trolls.

You take things too serious.  Some things don't matter.  Some things do.  One of the important things is knowing who the good folks are, which is mostly everyone.  If everyone looks like a dick through your lens, you might want to reevaluate your perspective. 

error

• FTL Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:08:48 AM »

You take things too serious.  Some things don't matter.  Some things do.  One of the important things is knowing who the good folks are, which is mostly everyone.  If everyone looks like a dick through your lens, you might want to reevaluate your perspective. 

Perhaps so. But my usual solution is to just not use the BBS. If there weren't technical things around for me to fix (and get paid for) then I wouldn't be here at all.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:26:42 AM »

Perhaps so. But my usual solution is to just not use the BBS. If there weren't technical things around for me to fix (and get paid for) then I wouldn't be here at all.

Ya, I know. 

If I knew coding, I would do it for free.  I happen to like the purpose of the show, even if I get my fill listening and have to stop for a while.  It spreads the message and recruits people into the mentality, even if they don't join the fuckin' FSP, they still won't see the world the same way after some prolonged exposure. 

You won't catch me handing out flyers or anything like that.  So I guess we all have our strokes, and contribute how we can. 

error

• FTL Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 03:42:19 AM »

Oh, I love the show. I hate the BBS. Go figure.

ForumTroll

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 06:09:13 AM »

Oh, I love the show. I hate the BBS. Go figure.

Obviously it needs more government thuggery to be to your liking.

Tumble Weed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 09:40:44 AM »

*Rolls through thread*

Riddler

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »

....someone has a little too much starch in his underpants..

fuckin guy's cross-eyed from lookin down his nose

davann

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

If everyone looks like a dick through your lens, you might want to reevaluate your perspective. 

Or at least his sexual orientation.

Now thats some good troll'n...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 03:52:54 PM »

That explains a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  So what If 'We'/'They' are TROLLS?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.