Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks  (Read 91357 times)

alaric89

Re: Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 04:59:33 AM »

In this case ridiculously high sin tax. Many have died or went blind from bad smuggled wood alcohol as well.

I believe it "should" be possible to make some dip-tabs, like the doctor uses to test for sugar in urine, that could be dipped in wine/whisky/beer to turn black in the presence of wood alcohol, even to turn green if all there is is ethyl alcohol.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing? Maybe I should look into contracting with a chemical company to make some of them.

That is brilliant. But some industrial cleanser alcohols, at least here, are "drinkable" that is the reason such swatches are hard to come by. Sounds like a sweet agorist patent though, I could move those.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 08:40:40 AM »

From what I recall, bootleggers intentionally added wood alcohol to their product in order to increase the volume and to provide a more ginny taste to it. Sort of like drug sellers will often cut their product with everything from talcum powder to chalk to their stuff.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »

Right.

So does anyone have any "off the grid tips and tricks" unrelated to being slaves to poison?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »

Right.

So does anyone have any "off the grid tips and tricks" unrelated to being slaves to poison?

ForumTroll

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 09:07:04 PM »

Right.

You'd die of a heart attack before you even finished that case.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »

Also, if you REALLY want to be safe when the shit hits the fan, buy one of these http://www.missilebases.com/

ForumTroll

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »

Also, if you REALLY want to be safe when the shit hits the fan, buy one of these http://www.missilebases.com/

The problem is...eventually you run out of fuel for the generator(s). Without climate control/ventilation and pumping the ground water out, they quickly become uninhabitable.

alaric89

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:51:33 AM »

Riddler

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 07:13:53 AM »

The problem is...eventually you run out of fuel for the generator(s). Without climate control/ventilation and pumping the ground water out, they quickly become uninhabitable.

back to the 'ol wood alcohol subject

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »

there are those out there that don't need constant sump pumping.

plus, you can grow your own fuel up top. biodiesel ftw!

Santiago Johimbe

• ....by the river now. Hey! Where are my nachos?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

I learned that you can't power two space heaters in a travel trailer from a 14ga extension cord.
But, that's not really -off- the grid, is it.

I had a nice fireplace for a few seconds. Fortunately, my Dad made me carry a fire extinguisher with me.

Riddler

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »

I learned that you can't power two space heaters in a travel trailer from a 14ga extension cord.

I had a nice fireplace for a few seconds. Fortunately, my Dad made me carry a fire extinguisher with me.

jesus christ.
are you one-a-those people that runs a generator IN his basement when the power goes out?

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »

jesus christ.
are you one-a-those people that runs a generator IN his basement when the power goes out?

and that's the stuff of darwin awards.

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »

I may or may have not built a tea kettle still as a quick science project. You know, for kids.

I would "SERIOUSLY" not recommend using your propane kitchen stove as a heat source. I may or may have not engulfed half of my kitchen (including myself) in a big blue flame ball for a fraction of a second.

No permanent damage but I may or may have not left an odd yeast and burnt hair smell in the house for a couple weeks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:09:10 PM by The Green Bastard »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »

I may or may have not built a tea kettle still as a quick science project. You know, for kids.

I would "SERIOUSLY" not recommend using your propane kitchen stove as a heat source. I may or may have not engulfed half of my kitchen (including myself) in a big blue flame ball for a fraction of a second.

No permanent damage but I may or may have not left an odd yeast and burnt hair smell in the house for a couple weeks.

lol

Truth: my roommate and I were sterilizing home made tattoo needles in our oven in preparation for me to tattoo him. I could have sworn that our pal said "boil them in alcohol in the stove in a baking tray"... what he'd actually said was to boil them in bleach. We heard a poof, opened the oven and a fireball came right on out, much to our shock.

It weren't a smart thing to do.

I haven't built a still... yet.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.