Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tired of juvenile stunts misrepresenting the FSP. Canceled my AMP.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tired of juvenile stunts misrepresenting the FSP. Canceled my AMP.  (Read 27708 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tired of juvenile stunts misrepresenting the FSP. Canceled my AMP.
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

No one is going to show up to your juvenile stunt festival tomorrow Ian. Everyone knows that it's totally immature because you didn't beg the state.

/sarcasm.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

No one is going to show up to your juvenile stunt festival tomorrow Ian. Everyone knows that it's totally immature because you didn't beg the state.

/sarcasm.

Your sarcasm would be funny if there was anyone indicating that it had anything to do with getting state permission for anything.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »

/sarcasm.

Your sarcasm would be funny if there was anyone indicating that it had anything to do with getting state permission for anything.

but it's a free keene event... so therefore it MUST be a juvenile stunt right?
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »

/sarcasm.

but it's a free keene event... so therefore it MUST be a juvenile stunt right?

That is also not representative of the complaint.  Perhaps you have something other than straw man arguments.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2012, 10:40:43 PM »

That is also not representative of the complaint.  Perhaps you have something other than straw man arguments.

I sincerely apologize, I wasn't aware I was talking to an illiterate unaware of the title of this thread. How's the cognitive dissonance working for ya? http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:42:24 PM by Johnson »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »

That is also not representative of the complaint.  Perhaps you have something other than straw man arguments.

I sincerely apologize, I wasn't aware I was talking to an illiterate unaware of the title of this thread. How's the cognitive dissonance working for ya? http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Your first flippant comment implied that this was about "asking permission."  Don't see that in the title.  Your second flippant comment implied that ALL free keene events were called juvenile.  You could continue to be insincere, go or ad hominem attacks, and overall just be an asshole, or you could add meaningful discourse to this discussion.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2012, 12:14:30 PM »

"meaningful discourse"

I'm glad you've appointed yourself the tsar of it.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »

So let's be clear... You are saying that it's not immature to not ask permission from the state to do things... You are also saying that not all Free Keene events are immature. Would you care to backpedal or further explain?  So far your attacking comments and lockstep with Denis suggests otherwise...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »

"meaningful discourse"

I'm glad you've appointed yourself the tsar of it.

See, this is what I'm talking about.  You evade the point.  The image was appropriate in response to what was said.

So let's be clear... You are saying that it's not immature to not ask permission from the state to do things... You are also saying that not all Free Keene events are immature. Would you care to backpedal or further explain?  So far your attacking comments and lockstep with Denis suggests otherwise...

I'm saying asking the state has nothing to do with anything.  I'm saying not ALL Free Keene events are immature.  There is no back-pedaling in this.  I'm a different person from Denis, therefore, my views are not necessarily identical.  I'm certainly not in lock-stop with him.  I've even chastised him for making up disparaging terms for Free Keene activists.  Are YOU someone's clone?

Would you care to ask meaningful questions, or do you wish to continue collectivizing, using ad homs, and just plain being a troll?

By the way, if you'd ever actually paid attention to my comments, you'd know that I don't have an issue with activism taking place with which I don't exactly agree.  My issue is very specifically with Ian choosing to actively support the broadcasting of the most harmful activism to libertarian persuasion.  Money is fungible, and hence, AMP dollars are paying for some of that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:55:53 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2012, 02:46:03 AM »

I don't feel the need to ask questions of the armchair activism critic.... No.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

I don't feel the need to ask questions of the armchair activism critic.... No.

A combination of ad hom and straw man:

1) I do my share of activism
2) I'm not saying anyone should not do any activism they feel is correct; it's Ian's insistence on choosing the most damaging to libertarian persuasion and throwing it out there.
3) The only reason I care about that is I'm sending money that's supporting it.

So, your bullshit potshot has absolutely no applicability.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »

Damn, I typo'd and forgot the s... I meant to say "I don't feel the need to ask questions of the armchair activism criticS.... no."

I was going for the trifecta. Ad Hominem, Straw Man, AND collectivizing.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »

Damn, I typo'd and forgot the s... I meant to say "I don't feel the need to ask questions of the armchair activism criticS.... no."

I was going for the trifecta. Ad Hominem, Straw Man, AND collectivizing.

Why stop there?  You could have gone for reductio ad hitlerum while you were at it.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »

Yeah, but then you've just invoked Godwin's law.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »

Hey, pick a number between 1 and 100. Dont tell me what it is. I'll guess it, first try.

Ok, go!!
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Tired of juvenile stunts misrepresenting the FSP. Canceled my AMP.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.