Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stefan Molyneux an absolute bigot
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux an absolute bigot  (Read 18357 times)

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stefan Molyneux an absolute bigot
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »

I would like to say, for the record, I have been vehemently opposed to this bloviated fuckwit since 2006. 

Looking from outside

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »

Lots of numbers and statistics, lots of hot air. What I find disturbing is the incredibly  supposedly low number of gays in actuality. I suspect that someone is trying to erase a part of the population. Interestingly, when I googled for those numbers a lot of "religiously based" websites popped up all supporting 1% or less of gays in the population. Sorry but I don't buy it.

Maybe he's honest about his new found "acceptance" of gays but all I see is a Falwell moment.

analogkid

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:19 AM »

The bald bastuhd. Why I oughta...
We're labels and files in cabinets. Payroll accounts and calculations. We're gears that run the machine that dictates life as we know it. We're wrung of our humanity on which technocracy thrives. We're expendable figures, we're liquidation. We're character strings and data statements. We learn, live and die a number.

Looking from outside

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 04:57:04 AM »

Just heard him on sunday's show podcast. Tapdancing is all I heard. His apologies are refused.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »

Just heard him on sunday's show podcast. Tapdancing is all I heard. His apologies are refused.

Did they bring this subject up? Ugh, do I need to listen to this?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »

I read your post then listened to the podcast, expecting NOT a retraction, a update and a straight up apology, with a promise to add a disclaimer to the podcast everybody is bitching about. It is not possible to make you happy. I assume anyone else wanting to be in a special group that no one gets to talk about can never be happy either. Talking to people who look for something to make them feel oppressed is a waste of time.

cellularphonecase

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »

Not a listener to Stefan Molyneux, I've heard him a few times in the past, but this thread caused me to make an account after listening to the "bigoted" commentary. I just gotta say, with regard to some of the posters in this thread, WOW! Talk about an over-reaction...

Homosexuality, and it's part in the human condition, is little understood, and frankly the entire discussion has been reduced to "if you don't think it is entirely a genetic condition, then you are a bigoted homo-phobe who is probably still in the closet". Talk about argument from intimidation. It is disgusting to see, and honestly disappointing to me that it is coming from the "liberty community". This is the same kind of crap that has made objective discussion about things like Global Warming literally impossible. Whatever happened to the marketplace of ideas?

The man isn't advocating anything, he is merely commenting on his personal observations; even if they are limited and obviously skewed. At no point does he denigrate the LGBT community, nor does he advocate anything that would harm the freedoms or safety of people within the LGBT community. Sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with human beings working to better understand a particular sexual orientation and the roots for such behavior. I mean, you could engage him in conversation to either discuss further, or provide contrary evidence to his experiences. No contrary position is even taken, merely ad-hominem attacks designed to silence speech which is not in line with an individual's opinion. Sadly, these days, it is all too common, just severely disturbing nonetheless.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:50:45 PM by cellularphonecase »

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 05:14:06 AM »

Not a listener to Stefan Molyneux, I've heard him a few times in the past, but this thread caused me to make an account after listening to the "bigoted" commentary. I just gotta say, with regard to some of the posters in this thread, WOW! Talk about an over-reaction...

Homosexuality, and it's part in the human condition, is little understood, and frankly the entire discussion has been reduced to "if you don't think it is entirely a genetic condition, then you are a bigoted homo-phobe who is probably still in the closet". Talk about argument from intimidation. It is disgusting to see, and honestly disappointing to me that it is coming from the "liberty community". This is the same kind of crap that has made objective discussion about things like Global Warming literally impossible. Whatever happened to the marketplace of ideas?

The man isn't advocating anything, he is merely commenting on his personal observations; even if they are limited and obviously skewed. At no point does he denigrate the LGBT community, nor does he advocate anything that would harm the freedoms or safety of people within the LGBT community. Sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with human beings working to better understand a particular sexual orientation and the roots for such behavior. I mean, you could engage him in conversation to either discuss further, or provide contrary evidence to his experiences. No contrary position is even taken, merely ad-hominem attacks designed to silence speech which is not in line with an individual's opinion. Sadly, these days, it is all too common, just severely disturbing nonetheless.

LOUIS C.K. - FAGGOT - CHEWED UP

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »

I can't speak for anyone else. I don't believe I ever called him a bigot though please quote me if I'm mistaken. What I said was his "display of ignorance" was "disturbing". I think I had higher standards for him in particular. I thought it more rational to take a few minutes to Google a subject and get some readily available data rather than speak in ignorance as he did on anecdotal experiences that were really negative.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »

Dale, would comfort play into this?

I mean, I am ok with talking to another Jewish person about the origins of Jewish stereotypes, but I would just have no interest in having that same conversation with a non-Jew. It would be a bit grating to parse yourself apart like a lab specimen for someone else to see. I can totally understand that.

I would imagine that its equally difficult to talk to a black person about the relatively high crime levels in their communities. They might be more comfortable talking to another black person about it, but involving others could be seen as patronizing.

Dale, what thinks you?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:28 PM »

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stefan Molyneux an absolute bigot

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.