Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FreeTalkLive on YouTube
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: FreeTalkLive on YouTube  (Read 23064 times)

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
FreeTalkLive on YouTube
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »

I have searched for a FreeTalkLive YouTube channel but can't find one?

I really think FTL are missing a trick by not posting the archives and podcasts on YouTube, like Adam Kokesh, Stefan Molyneux, Peter Schiff and so many others do. There is a strong libertarian presence on YT and this is not being tapped into by FTL.

Moreover, people frequently share stuff on YT. People are much more likely to discover FTL if you had a presence on YouTube. Also look at forums, blogs and websites. It would be much easier for people to post FTL content if it were on YouTube as it's so simple to embed a YT video and people are familiar with it.

In addition, something could potentially go viral which would raise your reputation, exposure and would give you lots of publicity.

YouTube can also provide an income through ads, which would help the FTL coffers.

Another benefit is that you'll likely get more subscribers that way. Most people who don't know about RSS feeds and how they work would subscribe to you if you were on YT. This will help you grow the base.

It would be a relatively simple task, nothing compared to the immense work you do elsewhere with the show. You just need to make sure you use a lot of relevant tags. This way you are much more likely to get referrals from other videos. Video referrals = new views. New views = new customers, new listeners, FTL's profile is raised, more opportunities.

I can't think of any disadvantages, however there is a multitude of advantages. SOOOO much potential just waiting to be unlocked. I just can't think of why you'd want to neglect such a MASSIVE platform.

If you need any help/advice on how to go about setting up a YouTube channel and posting your archives/content. 

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
Re: FreeTalkLive on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »

No replies?  :(

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

Yes there a quite a few dotted around YouTube, but we need more. There is a huge audience out there that are ripe for picking.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »

I think Denis is deputizing you, so that you can do this work on YouTube.

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »

I think Denis is deputizing you, so that you can do this work on YouTube.

I wouldn't mind doing it. But I can't suddenly do it myself on a whim. If it's what Ian and Mark want then I'd happily volunteer. However, I live in the UK and the owners of FTL would probably prefer it done more 'officially' (i.e. not by some random 17 year old kid who lives across the pond).

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

the owners of FTL would probably prefer it done more 'officially' (i.e. not by some random 17 year old kid who lives across the pond).
I know Ian and mark personally and though I don't speak for them officially, I can tell you with 100% certainty, they'd be happy for you to go right ahead and make this happen. It might even become semi-official if you do a good job.

feedmeliberty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

I have been thinking about doing this actually (as well as a Soundcloud or similar). Crotale, maybe we can split some of the work? I'll send you a Private Message and we can discuss. Let me know if anyone else is interested!

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

I have been thinking about doing this actually (as well as a Soundcloud or similar). Crotale, maybe we can split some of the work? I'll send you a Private Message and we can discuss. Let me know if anyone else is interested!

Why not discuss it within this thread? That way anyone can contribute to the idea.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 01:36:11 PM »

Crotale, you have my blessing to create and maintain a Youtube channel for Free Talk Live. We don't want the money, you keep it. Do a good job and we will mention it on the air.

Thank you for your assistance here, Denis.

We have something in the works with Soundcloud. So, that might best be left on the back burner until  we premier our plans with them.

Thank you all.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »

I appreciate that people feel they should ask permission, but I really wish they wouldn't.  Please, take our archives and upload them whereever, whenever, and however you want.

Indeed, let us know if you begin doing this.

As far as us doing it officially, I just have my hands full of stuff to do and don't really want to spend time exporting and uploading video every night. 

Thanks in advance.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Ski Killington

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »

I appreciate that people feel they should ask permission, but I really wish they wouldn't.  Please, take our archives and upload them whereever, whenever, and however you want.

Indeed, let us know if you begin doing this.

I took some initiative and threw up an early prototype FTL channel today,  http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTalkLiveRadio

My intent was to mirror some Soundcloud podcasts but the files become just too large and unweildy.  :( Also I wanted to reserve this channel name for the show so no one else gets it. (Someone else at another point in time already registered, then deleted, "/user/FreeTalkLive")

So far I'm experimenting with the 60 second promos. They are hilarious, easy to upload, and fun for people to easily post around Facebook, blogs etc.

All suggestions, criticism, help and input from everyone is needed since Youtube is huge and reaches millions of people. Nothing is in stone just want to get FTL some type of presence for the reasons Crotale mentioned in the OP.

Free Talk Live - Zombies
Free Talk Live - Police Brutality

About Free Talk Live Radio
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:53:21 PM by Ski Killington »

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 04:18:13 AM »

Nice - thanks!   8)
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »

Thank you, Snowdog. There is simply too much to do to properly market the show, plus run it, for two people. I hope you make a mint off of Google ads.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FreeTalkLive on YouTube

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.