Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Four short need to know points that are tubuku to talk about.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Four short need to know points that are tubuku to talk about.  (Read 7000 times)

david7777

• View Profile

Four main points.  
Start at the beginning, to be sure to understand the first points so you will be able to identify the things in the last point for what they really are. Example of the last point will follow.

1. Evolution takes place in areas outside of biological evolution.

2. Evolution produces amazing results without a top down designer or small sets of designers.
If we took this into account, much better results could be produced in many different areas such as economics, science, product development,  product production processes, and others.

3. Most religions are groups of ideas that have gone through the evolutionary process for thousands of years. The only test in the environment for them is will the participants keep the ideas, and will they be passed to other participants, so that the ideas continue to survive?  The ideas are either not well tested or are un-testable against reality. Simply put, religions are wishful-thinking, and B.S. that have gone though the evolutionary process.

4. Through evolution today's religions have developed  strong protection mechanisms. These  mechanisms have came about in today's religions so they did not die out to another religions, or belief systems. However, they also divide people, and cause mistrust and conflict. These mechanisms even shut out talk of evolution.  They cause hatred, and in some places violence against people like me, and others when we talk openly about our ideas.  

Here are a few examples of protection mechanisms that were written down that are “designed” to keep the present religion system of the participants intact and protect it from being replaced.  These ideas have been tested on others and modified, retested and modified many times. I hope you will see them for what they really are protection mechanisms that are either untestable or not tested against object reality.

From the Hadith (used by many Muslums):
Bukhari (84:64-65) -"Allah's Apostle: 'During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection.'"

From the Bible.
Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 5:7 You shall have none other gods before me.

Matthew 7: 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Psalms 53:1 The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.”

Now below you will find addition information to conciser.

Economics.

In countries that have mostly free-market economics.
Businesses, investors, and workers compete to serve their customers.
Businesses concepts and careers are tried in the market place.

The unsuccessful businesses and careers "die out" and change.
Others are successful.
Those that a successful expand their operations and/or are copied by others.
The process brings about all kinds of products and services never thought of before.

It has complex changing structure of production with no top down designer.
It is a successfully "designed" and "organized" economy serving buyers, and creating great amounts of wealth.

"I, Pencil: The Movie"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYO3tOqDISE

Science:
One group of ideas, consistent of ideas are tested against reality and are passed along increasing our knowledge; this group of knowledge is continually tested though observation against what we believe to be true about our world again and again.

Other:
"The Evolution of Religion"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58MsCtbVuI

"Dawkins on the evolutionary advantage of religious belief"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58MsCtbVuI

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:42:17 PM by Defendant »

david7777

• View Profile
Re: Four short need to know points that are tabu to talk about.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:11 PM »

Do you worship or pray to Jealous?
(Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.)

What the other Gods you pray and worship to?

Are you afraid of Jealous?
All thoughts are welcome.

Looking from outside

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:17:28 AM »

I don't believe in any kind of god. Do I believe in a soul? From personal experiences I would tend to believe it does exist but that absolutely doen't imply the existence of a god. Even more important, it made me see religion as a hoax. Christans are supposed to believe that we have one life only. What a wonderful tool of terror. Anyway, religion is a cancer on humanity.

david7777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:23:28 AM »

Thank you for your thoughts.
I wish peace to your soul.

david7777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

Thank for your "truths" greater than peace.
May the peace of my soul rest upon the Quakers.
Friend

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »

Tabu? Must be an offshoot of one of them Polynesian religions, because here in 'Murica, it's "taboo".

Seriously though, I'm not sure what argument you are trying to make with your four main points.
Without a main idea, stated more clearly than "from the beginning...", your points and quotations seem a bit disconnected.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 04:35:28 PM »

I think what he means to say, is that Jesus is pretty good with a fire hose. I've been wrong a lot though, so who knows.

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 01:44:55 AM »

I think what he means to say, is that Jesus is pretty good with a fire hose. I've been wrong a lot though, so who knows.

Heh.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19947_the-11-most-unintentionally-hilarious-religious-paintings.html
For God and Free Trade

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 01:05:56 AM »

Yup. Evolution is not only confined to biology. You can see it everywhere.

On the battlefield, the Macedonian Phalanx defeated the Greek Phalanx, and became the European standard. When the Romans developed the Legion, they wiped the phalanx off the face of the earth.

Eventually, compound bows and cataphracts defeated the legion, and the world languished when the Romans and Persians fought wars against one another for centuries. When both empires fell from costly, pointless warfare, the cataphract turned into a mounted knight, and the legion evolved from javelins and swords into halberds. The crossbow, gunpowder, and the trebuchet made armor, and fortifications pointless.

In media, the telephone destroyed Morse code, which itself made the pony express go out of business after only a year and a half. Fiber optics will eventually make cable, and phone lines obsolete. Talkies and color ended the silent movie era. New things displace the old.

So yeah. Evolution is everywhere.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »

Evolution is everywhere.

This was the point of the original post?

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »

See? I knew I was wrong.

Didn't have a goddamn thing to do with fire hoses.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »

The title of this thread is annoying the shit outta me and I want to edit it for spelling.

*Twitch*

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »

Evolution is everywhere.

This was the point of the original post?

Actually, I don't know. But it helps that I also don't care. I just wanted to make my point.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Four short need to know points that are tubuku to talk about.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.