Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306514 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #4965 on: April 13, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »

Jay currently lives in Manchester and claims it is the ghetto, even though it is a low crime area, compared to the national average.

Manchester is run down and generally shitty. I've seen it. I've lived most of my life within 40 minutes of Detroit and I can objectively say that Manchester is kinda dumpy.

It's not Detroit bad. It's not Flint bad. But it's definitely nearing Pontiac/Bay City/Lansing bad.

I'd say it's a reasonably decent place to live in the suburbs of.

And just for the record, I'm not being a giant snob here - I lived for a year in the back lot (Literally, the side of the house bordered the impound lot) of the 6th precinct police station in Detroit. Four people got shot INSIDE THAT POLICE STATION there last year. So what I'm saying is that I understand the difference between the ghetto and the not-ghetto.

Manchester is kinda a shithole. I'd say a 4/10 on the shithole scale, but a shithole nonetheless.

Now I'm imagining Dale saying "This place is a shithole MAAAAAN."

Also, stop calling moderators names on the BBS please.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:27:54 AM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4966 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »

Several thoughts in response to several posts, consolidated for TL;DRers...

Not a troll.

I don't know any free-staters who are on probation. Good behavior, yes, but that does not entail all the things probation does. That said, those are mostly good points and burnout does seem likely.

Manchester is kinda a shit hole but it's still my preferred place to live for a number of good reasons. The crime rate is kinda bad here, at least for NH and compared to a lot of places in the country. We looked it up, remember?

I wasn't calling it drama because Jay took up MtJ. I was calling it drama that yet another activist was burned out. Yes, he was already burned out, but this was a sign of like... completely washing his hands of any activism. It wasn't from going to jail, in this case, btw. It was just bad experiences with other people, mostly people you guys probably never even heard of.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4967 on: April 13, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »

If Manchester is pretty much the only  real city in NH, wouldnt that help concentrate the "city types" into one spot?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: April 13, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #4969 on: April 13, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »

Manchester is kinda a shit hole
Depends on what neighborhood you're in.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: April 13, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »

With anal sex so popular these days I think the word shithole is being misused here.*
Manchester is a gummed up diesel filter. (those suck and aren't good for anything, can't even get em to work with a fucking air hose)

* I am keeping tabs on this phenomenon, the Santorum (yummy yummy Santorum) thread.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: April 15, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »

More tragedies caused by the war on drugs. This one in NH.
http://www.sunjournal.com/news/new-england/2012/04/12/one-police-officer-dead-four-wounded-standoff-cont/1181371

Tragedy, maybe...particularly a tragedy that they violently invaded private property and forced the property owner to defend himself.  Tragedy that the drug war pigs won't change their violent behavior in response to this predictable outcome.  Tragedy that they'll self-righteously support even more violence for the purpose of interfering with free commerce.

Tragedy that they'll use this to justify their Bearcat armored murder vehicle.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: April 16, 2012, 01:13:39 AM »

More tragedies caused by the war on drugs. This one in NH.
http://www.sunjournal.com/news/new-england/2012/04/12/one-police-officer-dead-four-wounded-standoff-cont/1181371

Tragedy, maybe...particularly a tragedy that they violently invaded private property and forced the property owner to defend himself.  Tragedy that the drug war pigs won't change their violent behavior in response to this predictable outcome.  Tragedy that they'll self-righteously support even more violence for the purpose of interfering with free commerce.

Tragedy that they'll use this to justify their Bearcat armored murder vehicle.

I'm with WTFK here.

The tragedy is that people died here. Not that cops, died.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: April 16, 2012, 07:11:50 AM »

Manchester is run down and generally shitty. I've seen it. I've lived most of my life within 40 minutes of Detroit and I can objectively say that Manchester is kinda dumpy.

It's not Detroit bad. It's not Flint bad. But it's definitely nearing Pontiac/Bay City/Lansing bad.

I'd say it's a reasonably decent place to live in the suburbs of.

Manchester looks run down because it is old and people don't like to pay high property taxes.  It isn't run down, though.  Lowell, MA is of similar size and is run down.  Lots of Manchester looks OK or pretty nice including much of downtown, south Manchester, north Manchester and parts of west Manchester.  Especially the forests and mountains in west Manchester :)

I feel very safe in Manchester.  Than again, I'm used to living in or near some of the most dangerous cities in the US.  If a person was used to living in the country, where he didn't even lock his doors at night, Manchester could be a nightmare.

If Manchester is pretty much the only  real city in NH, wouldnt that help concentrate the "city types" into one spot?
If Manchester is a real city, so is Nashua.  The people in Nashua have more money so it looks nicer and rent is higher.  It may have even more jobs (even though it is smaller) and has much better shopping opportunities.  It also has noticeably worse traffic!

For one reason or another, lots of free staters and other liberty (4 non-FSP, pro-liberty state reps live in Manchester) and conservative activists (the 3 men mostly likely to win the GOP nomination for governor either live in Manchester or within a couple miles of Manchester) are concentrated in Manchester.  Perhaps it is the lower taxes/cost of living compared to Concord/Nashua/Keene/Portsmouth/Dover/Derry/Salem.  Perhaps it is that I-293, I-93, 101, 3 and 3A go through Manchester.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: May 06, 2012, 09:50:06 PM »

I just came here to say why the fuck is BJ doing p-fest ads :shock:

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: May 07, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »

I don't care for BJ all that much either. But I like the commercial, and I think he and Mandrick did a good job.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

I was actually joking but no one has a sense of humor around here. :?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: May 08, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »

No we don't. :shock: This is a serious place where we discuss serious things. And I actually DID puke when I heard BJ ruining Mandricks awesomeness on the Porcfest clips so I didn't find your unsympathetic pitcher amusing at all!
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.