Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306644 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #4905 on: March 22, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »

My diagnosis of the problem is that it is dominated by just a few people with no life. If you're willing to devote the time, post very frequently and sometimes even create sock puppets or band together with a few others with no life, you can completely control the atmosphere of a forum. Just because I have a diagnosis does not mean I know the cure. :)

So instead you join the group that dominates the board. Just sayin'

Oh, wow. You dug up and necroed a thread that's been dead for 2 years for a comment that's 4 years old for that zinger, aye? Was it worth it? Do you feel better now?
The search feature doesn't care how old a thread is. If you search for "bbs", it is the first thread in the FTL child board that shows up in the results. Also, the thread title and subject is appropriate.

I assume you're talking about when I woke up one day as a mod, that I never asked for.
That also happened to me. But it was Ian that made me a mod. John Shaw decided to make you a mod.

You say you won't even read the TOS over there. I was banned for attempting to make you read the TOS. Banned for moderating.

And FWIW, since the 4 years since I posted that, I do like the FTL forum better.
The FTL BBS had some activity 4 years ago. It is pretty much dead now. I wonder why?  :roll:

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4906 on: March 22, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »

I assume you're talking about when I woke up one day as a mod, that I never asked for.
That also happened to me. But it was Ian that made me a mod. John Shaw decided to make you a mod.

Okay. I suggest you explain that to whoever banned you.

You say you won't even read the TOS over there. I was banned for attempting to make you read the TOS. Banned for moderating.

I actually had, but that's not even relevant. Pretty sure that reading is not what's required. Not violating them is what's required, and my whole point by JOKING about not bothering to read them was that all that takes is common sense to not violate them. You pretty much have to be trying to be a douche. You need to watch the Human Cent-iPad episode of South Park.

And FWIW, since the 4 years since I posted that, I do like the FTL forum better.
The FTL BBS had some activity 4 years ago. It is pretty much dead now. I wonder why?  :roll:

Hmm... After speculating wildly, I have come to the only reasonable conclusion a sensible and rational person could come to. I, DALEBERT, HAVE SINGLE-HANDEDLY DESTROYED THE FTL BBS! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just came.

You make it so easy. This is all so contrived and absurd. Just admit that you just despise me and you're a douche.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

You killed it, Dale.  I'm glad you finally realize that.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4908 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »

I am the fist of an angry God and I smite the unclean!

BonerJoe

« Reply #4909 on: March 30, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #4911 on: March 30, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »

Wow, you see the psychotic look on that cops face?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: March 31, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »

Seriously.  Trying to outrun the cops on a friggin bicycle.  There is smart activism and then there is shit like this.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

Lol. That looked like a outtake from the movie Bruno.

Disengage

• View Profile
    • Actively Disengaged
« Reply #4914 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »

"Excuse me, would you leave me alone?"   Classic.

Hey, wasn't that cop pointing at Derrick?   Isn't that assault?   Of course, knocking someone off their bike is also assault.

I guess I need to go listen to last night's FTL to find out WTF.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: March 31, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »

The cop followed him around with his lights and siren on for a while before doing anything.  I'm pretty sure that when you choose to ignore the cops and attempt to evade them in these sorts of situations 1) it's illegal and 2) you should expect to be chased down and physically stopped.  It would be one thing if Derrick was bicycling on private property, but he was on a public road.  This sort of "activism" is silly and won't win you any friends or support.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: April 02, 2012, 01:59:54 AM »

The cop followed him around with his lights and siren on for a while before doing anything.  I'm pretty sure that when you choose to ignore the cops and attempt to evade them in these sorts of situations 1) it's illegal and 2) you should expect to be chased down and physically stopped.  It would be one thing if Derrick was bicycling on private property, but he was on a public road.  This sort of "activism" is silly and won't win you any friends or support.

I don't know if it was activism.  It seemed that Derrick wanted to just live free.  He likely knew that he was breaking the law and risking months in jail.  He didn't seem to care.  If he serves months in jail over this, perhaps it is what he wanted?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #4917 on: April 02, 2012, 04:35:44 AM »

It seemed that Derrick wanted to just live free.

He likely knew that he was breaking the law and risking months in jail.  He didn't seem to care.

Ell ta tha oooh ta tha ell.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: April 03, 2012, 12:48:45 AM »

It was "activism" because he was filming this and had every intention of turning it into a public matter.  I think it's just a poor form of activism.  Sure, the cop may have gone a little overboard, but it's hard to verify from the video what exactly happened, especially after Derrick fell off his bike.  Even so, Derrick was obviously acting like an idiot.  I'm sympathetic to the liberty activist folks in Keene, but when someone who is sympathetic toward your cause is questioning the wisdom of your activism (or activities), I think it's a pretty sure bet that those who are indifferent or hostile to your cause will definitely not be supportive or swayed.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »

It was "activism" because he was filming this and had every intention of turning it into a public matter.  I think it's just a poor form of activism.  Sure, the cop may have gone a little overboard, but it's hard to verify from the video what exactly happened, especially after Derrick fell off his bike.  Even so, Derrick was obviously acting like an idiot.  I'm sympathetic to the liberty activist folks in Keene, but when someone who is sympathetic toward your cause is questioning the wisdom of your activism (or activities), I think it's a pretty sure bet that those who are indifferent or hostile to your cause will definitely not be supportive or swayed.

THIS.

This is the point that Ian and company don't seem to get.  Yup the rabid anarchists will lap it up - but they are the only ones.  Hell when I first found this place I was all gung ho about moving the NH - especially Keene - and getting active.  After seeing some of the useless, meaningless drama that is just alienating the very people you want to "wake up" as Dale calls it, I don't know that I want to move to Keene and be associated as one of those Free Keene nutjobs by most everyone I meet.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.