Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system! To begin posting Login or Sign Up.
November 23, 2014, 02:17:21 AM
Search:     Advanced search
189683 Posts in 10098 Topics by 18417 Members
Latest Member: imran rashidi
Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 338   Go Down

Author Topic: Drama in the Free State  (Read 627640 times)

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #4920 on: March 21, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »

Total, with post, and concrete bags - $400 minimum.

I'd probly opt for a post office box.  Just stop there once a week, pick up your shit.  Its not like anything good ever comes in the mail anyways.  Everything I care about comes UPS, or FedEx.

--

You see the new USPS commercials?  Direct Mail for companies.  No wonder they're about to go under. 

They're pushing junk mail.  Like, they never heard of Google.  Splatter a geographic area with the most un-green shit ever, no matter if they want it or not! 

Its like they never heard of eyeball views or clicks, or anything. 

We will personally send a living person to your house, with a paper card, which they will throw away, and the guy earns fifty grand a year, drives a carbon-burning truck, and gives an ecologically damaging piece of garbage to an unwanting recipient! 

Un-fucking-believable.

Every other company on earth is pushing green and paperless.  These dill-holes are trying to get people to buy a carbon footprint the size of Jupiter, to keep their jackass slackers employed so they can sleep half the day in Burger King parking lots. 

You buy that post..  I won't say any negative shit, but I'll surely think some negative shit. 

Sluggers

• View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: March 22, 2012, 06:50:46 AM »

It seems the defecation is certainly hitting the oscillation, and Will is not the only one fleeing:

http://freekeene.com/2012/03/21/peaceful-devolution/

Ian Freeman is embarrassing.

Itís a view you rarely/never see on this blog, but itís a view held by myself and a serious portion of liberty activists in the Keene area. (Not to mention the overwhelming majority of Keene residents.) Lately itís been the senseless pestering of city bureaucrats, the quixotic school outreach, and his involvement in the war on grandmas. Yes, he does other things which are more legitimate and professional, but, for as long as Iíve been in New Hampshire, it seems that Ian has always been vocally supporting activism thatís jarringly wrong-headed.

I joined this blog in 2010 in order to openly criticize certain activist tactics that struck me as counterproductive. At the time, I was worried that the suppression of criticism was creating an atmosphere of groupthinkĖ a situation where the systematic lack of criticism leads groups to make wildly irrational decisions. Since then, Iíve changed some hearts and minds with regards to criticism, and caused people to look twice at things theyíve taken for granted. This has been very satisfying.

But, where it really matters, I have failed. I had assumed the groupthink emerged spontaneously from the interactions of many people. In reality, groupthink occurs because Ian Freeman consistently and deliberately marginalizes criticism and critics, and derails open discussions of the flaws of activist strategies.

It took this thread on the Shire Society forum to make me understand this. (I get a bit carried away in my first posts because Iím blinded by rage, but take a few days to calm down, and post more reasonably later.)

Since Iím not as irrational as Ian, Iím acknowledging this new information, and changing my own tactics accordingly. Itís pointless to try to debate with someone who doesnít believe there should be debate or open discussion.

Short of coercion, the only realistic option available to those of us who would like to see activist tactics improve, rather than stagnate or regress, is to apply social pressure to make Ian stop. I am convinced that this is the only way things will change. Itís frustrating and absurd that it has come down to this, but Ian has blocked every other alternative.

As part of this effort, I will no longer be posting on Free Keene. More than anything else at this point, I suspect that my blogging only feeds Ianís egomania. Like a Democrat on Fox news, Iím just here to support the pretense that Free Keene is fair and balanced.

I know some of my fellow bloggers agree with these concerns, and I encourage them to join me. Perhaps itís time for a new group blog, one not stifled by Free Keeneís cult of personality. Alternately, Iím sure Free Manch would welcome new bloggers.

Adiůs Free Keene, and good riddance.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:52:27 AM by Sluggers »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4922 on: March 22, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »

This is from http://forum.shiresociety.com/free-talk-live/i-expect-nothing-just-gotta-say-it/msg58733/#msg58733

My diagnosis of the problem is that it is dominated by just a few people with no life. If you're willing to devote the time, post very frequently and sometimes even create sock puppets or band together with a few others with no life, you can completely control the atmosphere of a forum. Just because I have a diagnosis does not mean I know the cure. :)

So instead you join the group that dominates the board. Just sayin'

Oh, wow. You dug up and necroed a thread that's been dead for 2 years for a comment that's 4 years old for that zinger, aye? Was it worth it? Do you feel better now?

I assume you're talking about when I woke up one day as a mod, that I never asked for.

And FWIW, since the 4 years since I posted that, I do like the FTL forum better. L*bman's gone, after all. It's still mainly for shits & giggles but nothing wrong with that.

FWIW, blackie demoted me from mod to shithead so my suggestion was to make blackie a shithead for a day.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:04:16 PM by Dalebert »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4923 on: March 22, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »

My diagnosis of the problem is that it is dominated by just a few people with no life. If you're willing to devote the time, post very frequently and sometimes even create sock puppets or band together with a few others with no life, you can completely control the atmosphere of a forum. Just because I have a diagnosis does not mean I know the cure. :)

So instead you join the group that dominates the board. Just sayin'

Oh, wow. You dug up and necroed a thread that's been dead for 2 years for a comment that's 4 years old for that zinger, aye? Was it worth it? Do you feel better now?
The search feature doesn't care how old a thread is. If you search for "bbs", it is the first thread in the FTL child board that shows up in the results. Also, the thread title and subject is appropriate.

I assume you're talking about when I woke up one day as a mod, that I never asked for.
That also happened to me. But it was Ian that made me a mod. John Shaw decided to make you a mod.

You say you won't even read the TOS over there. I was banned for attempting to make you read the TOS. Banned for moderating.

And FWIW, since the 4 years since I posted that, I do like the FTL forum better.
The FTL BBS had some activity 4 years ago. It is pretty much dead now. I wonder why?  :roll:

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4924 on: March 22, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »

That also happened to me. But it was Ian that made me a mod. John Shaw decided to make you a mod.

Okay. I suggest you explain that to whoever banned you.

You say you won't even read the TOS over there. I was banned for attempting to make you read the TOS. Banned for moderating.

I actually had, but that's not even relevant. Pretty sure that reading is not what's required. Not violating them is what's required, and my whole point by JOKING about not bothering to read them was that all that takes is common sense to not violate them. You pretty much have to be trying to be a douche. You need to watch the Human Cent-iPad episode of South Park.

And FWIW, since the 4 years since I posted that, I do like the FTL forum better.
The FTL BBS had some activity 4 years ago. It is pretty much dead now. I wonder why?  :roll:

Hmm... After speculating wildly, I have come to the only reasonable conclusion a sensible and rational person could come to. I, DALEBERT, HAVE SINGLE-HANDEDLY DESTROYED THE FTL BBS! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just came.

You make it so easy. This is all so contrived and absurd. Just admit that you just despise me and you're a douche.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

You killed it, Dale.  I'm glad you finally realize that.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4926 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »

I am the fist of an angry God and I smite the unclean!

BonerJoe

« Reply #4927 on: March 30, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #4929 on: March 30, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »

Wow, you see the psychotic look on that cops face?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: March 31, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »

Seriously.  Trying to outrun the cops on a friggin bicycle.  There is smart activism and then there is shit like this.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

Lol. That looked like a outtake from the movie Bruno.

Disengage

• View Profile
    • Actively Disengaged
« Reply #4932 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »

"Excuse me, would you leave me alone?"   Classic.

Hey, wasn't that cop pointing at Derrick?   Isn't that assault?   Of course, knocking someone off their bike is also assault.

I guess I need to go listen to last night's FTL to find out WTF.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: March 31, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »

The cop followed him around with his lights and siren on for a while before doing anything.  I'm pretty sure that when you choose to ignore the cops and attempt to evade them in these sorts of situations 1) it's illegal and 2) you should expect to be chased down and physically stopped.  It would be one thing if Derrick was bicycling on private property, but he was on a public road.  This sort of "activism" is silly and won't win you any friends or support.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: April 02, 2012, 01:59:54 AM »

The cop followed him around with his lights and siren on for a while before doing anything.  I'm pretty sure that when you choose to ignore the cops and attempt to evade them in these sorts of situations 1) it's illegal and 2) you should expect to be chased down and physically stopped.  It would be one thing if Derrick was bicycling on private property, but he was on a public road.  This sort of "activism" is silly and won't win you any friends or support.

I don't know if it was activism.  It seemed that Derrick wanted to just live free.  He likely knew that he was breaking the law and risking months in jail.  He didn't seem to care.  If he serves months in jail over this, perhaps it is what he wanted?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 338   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Drama in the Free State

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 19 queries.

Free Talk Live Image
Free Talk Live Image
Be your own bank
Free Talk Live Image
Free Talk Live Image
Liberty Stickers
Watch the Ridley Report
Mark Warden - New Hampshire Realtor
Midas Resources
Free Talk Live Image
Amazon
Buzzbox Coffee