Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.  (Read 38203 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »

I didn't bitch about it, but Dragline was unduly abusive to me when he came back, too.  I decided respond cooly to it; particularly when out of the blue he called me a pedo.  I asked for a clarification and didn't get it.  Oh, and FWIW, I wasn't sure it was dragline, but I knew it was someone who had been here (trolling) before.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »

I didn't bitch about it, but Dragline was unduly abusive to me when he came back, too.  I decided respond cooly to it; particularly when out of the blue he called me a pedo.  I asked for a clarification and didn't get it.  Oh, and FWIW, I wasn't sure it was dragline, but I knew it was someone who had been here (trolling) before.

Didn't catch the thing about pedo calling. 'Least he got it for general asshattery.

As for not being sure about who it was...

Be a little more sure about it...

Because odds are high...

That it may...

Have...

(Response written in Rob Jacobs triangle/ellipses structure for giggles.)
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

"mods are people too, etc."

This is taking things to dramatic extremes, in a sad way.

There's the whole problem, in a nutshell, right there. Mods are expected to take it in the ass and smile because we are slightly less than human. Users aren't allowed to harass and abuse other users but have every right to do it to mods, who are also other users.

ABUSIVE USERS ABUSE MODS FOR NOT TOLERATING ABUSIVE USERS ABUSING MODS, PICS + DIVX AT ELEVEN.

..aaand right after that bit you quoted is this:

"You guys (Shaw, BJ & Brasky) were involved in stupid arguments, taunts, etc. before having mod status (yes I know it's been reduced) so what's the big deal? I acknowledge you all as being mods but don't aim to treat you any differently because of it."
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »

I have never felt abuse from users for being a mod.

You've been a mod for twenty-eight days, haven't been involved in any disputes. 

I think you should "take point" in the next skirmish, we'll see how well you fare. 

I've been waiting for that awhile.  You're gonna have to eat a lotta crow when it comes time, hoss. 

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

I [...] don't aim to treat you any differently because of it."

Horse plop.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »

Horse plop.

Proof? Example?

Otherwise...

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »

I have never felt abuse from users for being a mod.

Cause you're taking it in stride.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »

Horse plop.

Proof? Example?

Otherwise...

I think the arguments where I, (and others) asked you to tone down your nonsense - and you responded by re-naming yourself Jew Spick Nigger Kike are both proof and example. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2012, 09:53:31 PM »

I think the arguments where I, (and others) asked you to tone down your nonsense - and you responded by re-naming yourself Jew Spick Nigger Kike are both proof and example. 

If I get an email with a report on this post, I'm going to assume it's hellbilly and ban him myself, eliminating the need for that I don't want to be the one to ban hellbilly thread.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

BonerJoe

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »

It says who reported it right in the e-mail body.

It was Admiral Jewsmith.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »

Oh. That again. Me demonstrating clearly that the approach to handling "bigotry" here was a failure since it only applied to bigoted phrases targeting black folks, but did nothing to address slurs targeting whites, asians, latinos, gays, etc.

Had you not been a Mod at that time, you and I wouldn't have had such a clash. If any conflict at all had emerged between us it would have been hashed out - but you wouldn't have had the option to fiddle with my status here. That backs up what I've been saying all along.

(Not that I'm complaining but you included "Nigger" where it wasn't present in the name I created back then. The name I created contained a few slurs you hadn't bothered to address in your campaign against bigotry... this the whole reason this shit exists.)

Quote from: Joy
If I get an email with a report on this post, I'm going to assume it's hellbilly and ban him myself, eliminating the need for that I don't want to be the one to ban hellbilly thread.

Can't say I'm surprised. Thanks for being totally transparent about your bias. Beats me as to why you have any issues at all with me though. You and I have had practically no interaction here and what little there was wasn't negative. ...which leads me to think of this as yet another example of the cozy "inner circle" that exists between a few folks here.

If I had to guess I'd say this is a result of your warm interaction with and mild "swoon" over Brasky and his dated yet quirky cryptic ramblings. I'd wager that his "jokes" about wantin to fuck ya never hurt either. Funny thing how your bias emerges just as Brasky and I have this little clash, eh?

- if you guys..err.. can't phrase it that way any longer.. I mean you "Mods" ...err... I mean "some of you Mods".. insist on rehashing the racist stuff (with the implication that I am racist).. again, the burden of proof is lies with you. Find a racist post from me anywhere on this BBS and this whole thing can be put to an end.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

It says who reported it right in the e-mail body.

It was Admiral Jewsmith.

For the record, Joy, I've not once ever reported a post. Actually I did once but it was a joke and the mod knew it right away.

A question for the mods though - is it acceptable for a Moderator to amend a forum member's name in such a manner as this? Oh. Golly.

Especially considering that the admirable Admiral is of the Jewish faith?

Was that 3 Mod Failures in a row?

One uses a slur that I had not used previously, the dreaded "N Word". I don't know if the Admiral was offended by "Nigger" or "Kike", but I do know that at some point of the two words only the word "Nigger" was considered offensive enough to filter.

Another Mod displays her failure in deduction skills with a post blaming me for adding to the drama. Gee whiz I just can't figure out why.

And then a third Mod corrects the second Mod but slips in a slightly naughty jab at the fellow who may have been offended at the first Mods terminology.

Wow.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

*POKE MOD* WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!

*POKE* WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!

*POKE* MMMMAAAAAAAWWWW THE MODS ARE YELLING AT MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!111111oneoneone
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »

*POKE MOD* WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!

*POKE* MMMMAAAAAAAWWWW THE MODS ARE YELLING AT MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

That sort of reply is what one resorts to when they don't have a solid foundation to their argument.

You're so certain you're right in all this, yeah? Then it should only take a few seconds for you to put all this drama to rest.

Put a little effort into it & answer the points I've laid out for ya.

Ah, and I've never asked why anyone is yelling at me. I suppose you're referencing Joy in this one since I said I had no idea why she's singled me out. If so, like I said, I've had very little interaction with her and never "poked" her.

As for you - you've started trouble with me since basically day one and several times since. You've admitted as much. Prove your claims or lay off, otherwise you're violating the TOS that you authored.

For Brasky - he got butthurt cause I called him out on his ....rather selective ...."anti bigotry" word filter. What should have been a lame yet friendly exchange immediately became a power trip on his end. You can call that me poking him, sure. You can also call it me making a good point.

BJ - another case where I haven't had much contact, yet here we are. Can't poke a guy you don't talk to. When you and I had some shit going on he offered to ban me, presumably on your behalf.. "I could just go ahead and ban him you know" - or some shit like that.

So how does "*POKE* WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!" even fit?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:17:05 PM by hellbilly »

BonerJoe

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »

John, as long as you continue to respond to this it's never going to end.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.