Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Abuse your boyfriend app for iPhone
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abuse your boyfriend app for iPhone  (Read 1948 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Abuse your boyfriend app for iPhone
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:48:31 AM »

Dale: If you're a man, you're much more likely to be a victim of violence then if you're a woman.
Andre: I think the feminists would disagree with you.
Dale: They will but they're wrong.

Internet saves “gay” dog :: Stefan Molyneux sounding ignorant in 2006 :: Stefan Molyneux redeemed :: Beat your boyfriend app for iPhone :: Gay men less anxious than straight :: Pastor says gay civil unions lead to pedos and Christians burnt at the stake

http://flamingfreedom.com/media/archives/Flaming.Freedom.2013.02.05.mp3

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Abuse your boyfriend app for iPhone
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:32:46 AM »

Funny thing about how domestic abuse is reported, and how its experienced.

Straight couples have a certain level of abuse. The amount differs widely when you compare anonymous surveys to DOJ statistics. Anyone with a bit of brains knows the anonymous surveys are more accurate. Well, those same surveys show that homosexual male couples have half the rate of DV as straights, and homosexual females have twice straight level.

Always thought this was funny.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »

Well, those same surveys show that homosexual male couples have half the rate of DV as straights, and homosexual females have twice straight level.

I've heard that from several different places now. Not familiar with the studies or how valid they are but on an intuitive level, I am inclined to believe it. I still think the root of it is cultural and not biological though.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

Is it a possibility that the person with the violent tendency in a gay relationship simply doesn't act upon it because his partner is in many cases just as big and as strong as them? Much easier for an asshole guy in a straight relationship to pound on his wife when he's 6'2" 200 lbs and she's 4'8" and 105 lbs.

I have no idea if this is actually a factor. It's just something to think about.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »

A lot of new studies that have arguably done a better job of data collection seem to show that domestic violence happens just as often woman on man as it does the other way. Men tend to not report it and the ones who do usually get arrested because our "patriarchal" society always assumes men are the perpetrators.

http://ncfm.org/ncfm-home/philosophy/

"FREE MEN:
From harsher treatment under law for criminal violations than the treatment accorded to women in matters of arrest, conviction and sentencing.
From the notion that as a class they oppress women any more than women as a class oppress them, or than society in general oppresses both sexes through stereotyping."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Abuse your boyfriend app for iPhone

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.