Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  20 000 dollar reward to catch Ron Paul in a lie
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 20 000 dollar reward to catch Ron Paul in a lie  (Read 3620 times)

• View Profile
20 000 dollar reward to catch Ron Paul in a lie
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »

Hello all.

I need some help.  I want to build a website that offers a 20 000 dollar reward to anyone that can point out one lie Ron Paul ever told, that cannot be credibly debunked.  I have the money, but cannot build the website.  Not being a professional site builder, my effort would look really sad.

Anyone who could help build the site would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
Re: 20 000 dollar reward to catch Ron Paul in a lie
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »

Um.... There's politifact, yo.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:39:14 AM »

If you've got the money, you can "farm out" building the website liar.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho67t__ubts

about 4:39.

I'll take a cheque.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »

No...no lies there. 

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 12:09:45 PM »

Before this goes any farther, just let me say that the money is not a problem.  It will be proven to exist by a notary public.

My goal here is to raise money for the Ron Paul campaign.  If the money cannot be claimed by 1 July next year, all of it will be donated to him, in various ways.

Now, I know from past experience that there are a lot of attackers and naysayers on all message boards, and they don't interest me.  I am only looking for the one person who can help build the website.

I have posted this on other boards today also, and I know it won't be difficult to find someone.  After that, the attackers can do what they like with this thread, as I won't be viewing it anymore...so have your fun.

And another thing.  If Ron Paul said, for example, in 1998 that the government was 10 trillion in debt, but the GAO claims that they were only 9.998 trillion in debt, doesn't mean Ron Paul lied.

My goal here is to show that he is the only honest candidate.

MichaelWDean

• Worms!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »

I think that the look of the website would be of less import than the credibility of the money being available. Put it in escrow and have proof from the bank. That's how it's usually done when things like this are offered, and has more credibility (and "zazz") than a notary.

Or better yet, put it in physical gold and pay a reputable non-governmental non-bank agency to hold it and provide proof that they're holding it. That would be a little more Ron Paul way to do it, and would add to the press-worthyness of the story. Maybe have a web cam on the gold to show it's still there, and have the cam feed on your website.

Also, if you're trying to raise money, it will be of import how the donations will be submitted, in a secure way, also with proof that it actually will go to help the Paul campaign. Also, you'd need a scalable virtual server, so if the story goes viral it won't get knocked offline by the traffic.

You'll also need to have enumerated criteria of who will judge if anyone is a winner, and how they will be judged.

I don't think you'll have to pay anyone to make the site. I'm sure someone over at
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/
would take care of it. Post a note there.

But work on your pitch more. I thought you were a Ron Paul hater when I first saw this.

MWD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:24:59 PM by MichaelWDean »

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 03:54:49 AM »

You can afford to offer a 20k reward, but can't spring 200 bucks for an html website some kid can put together?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

MichaelWDean

• Worms!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 08:27:17 AM »

You can afford to offer a 20k reward, but can't spring 200 bucks for an html website some kid can put together?

LOL.

Really though, it will need more than the simple website. (which really could be quite simple....like one page in a WordPress template......and still be effective.)

It will need reliable back end e-commerce, and need to be VPSed or co-located so if it gets slammed by traffic it won't go down.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »

Thanks for the nice replies. 

Many of these ideas I have already thought of.  The money is in Gold.  Have tried to post this at RonPaulForum, but they won't let me make a new thread yet, as I registered with the site only yesterday.

My biggest worries about the site is that the Ron Paul people on the net are really slick, so I don't want to put up a website that looks like a child built.  Not to mention that if it gets much traffic, which I hope it will, it would crash.

Because I live in Munich, Germany, I don't know anyone here who really knows about Ron Paul or much about American Politics...most germans think Obama is the best thing since sliced bread.  I want to organize a bunch of hardcore Ron Paul supporters to run this.  By the way, I am also an American, born and bread.

Here in Germany, we don't have much for escrow companies.  Notaries handle everything like this.

Another thing, I am the guy who started the CDEvolution fund.  Had a falling out with Mark from Freetalklive over it, and he actually ended up stealing it from me.  I couldn't do anything about it, as I don't live in the States. 

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »

Advice: Might wanna change the title of the thread.

"20 000 dollar reward to catch Ron Paul in a lie"

I glanced at that and my brain replaced the "in" is an "is" - Changed the whole meaning.

Maybe "REWARD: $20,000 for catching Ron Paul in a lie"

Just a suggestion.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 06:23:06 PM »

Another thing, I am the guy who started the CDEvolution fund.  Had a falling out with Mark from Freetalklive over it, and he actually ended up stealing it from me.  I couldn't do anything about it, as I don't live in the States. 

Hello R. I am glad that you are well and still about the business of liberty. It is true that the CDEvolution fund was germinated by your idea and that you gave it early funding. I don't think you can claim to have solely starting CDEF and I don't like that term "stealing" that you used.

The way I recall things, and we all have our own interpretations of things, was that you had the initial idea and wanted someone to help with it state-side. I was (and am) quite busy and didn't think I had the time. So, I suggested S. He wasn't very responsive to you. So, Ian and I stepped in to help. We set up a Board, on which you were included. We found you to be unresponsive over a course of weeks. At some point, we decided to move forward as there were several other Board members that were putting their time and energy into the project. Then you sent me an email demanding that I shut down CD Evolution because it was your idea and you were mad or something. I refused, as many people had contributed and many had put their energy towards this project. Your demand seemed unreasonable to me.

If I am mistaken on any of these points, I am open to correction. I have the emails somewhere, but have not consulted them. I just don't want you running around feeling like I have done you wrong. If I have I will make you whole, but you are first going to have to articulate and prove the offence. Perhaps the BBS will provide arbitration services, they love a good drama :).
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  20 000 dollar reward to catch Ron Paul in a lie

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.