Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Spiffy Pirate Radio Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiffy Pirate Radio Documentary  (Read 6787 times)

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Kuerno

• View Profile
    • www.kuernodechivo.com
Re: Spiffy Pirate Radio Documentary
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »

This is one of the better documentaries I have seen.  There was another one on Free Speech TV a couple years back I have on DVD somewhere here.

There was quite a bit of coverage on the WTO and the Battle-4-Seattle that others may get bored with, however since I was following things very closely and streaming from the indymedia site at the time I found it very interesting.

The other aspect I really liked was the straight scoop on the farce put forth by the FCC known as LPFM.  Now once again they are leading folks on for some pipe-dream of licensed LPAM (not Part 15).  The FCC seems to drag this on hoping people will just hold on a little longer and stay within the system.  If they do ever accept a new LPAM proposal it will probably look more like the LPFM crap that they put forth while they practically pulled their arms out of socket patting themselves on the back for a service that did little to nothing for micro broadcasters or to diversify the voices on the FM band.

When I see those punks at NAB it makes me want to put a little more effort into the local micro scene here in Utah.  It just gets discouraging when the biggest-best micros get pulled off the air.

Anyway, the doc was so good I think I will try to see if I can embed into to my blog.  Thanks for posting.

I just know that something good is going to happen.
I don't know when,
But just saying it could even make it happen.

www.kuernodechivo.com

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:45:03 PM »

Pretty well done I'd say.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

RFBurns

• View Profile
    • KROCKS RadioOne ZeroPointRadio
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:37:08 AM »

The other aspect I really liked was the straight scoop on the farce put forth by the FCC known as LPFM.  Now once again they are leading folks on for some pipe-dream of licensed LPAM (not Part 15).  The FCC seems to drag this on hoping people will just hold on a little longer and stay within the system.  If they do ever accept a new LPAM proposal it will probably look more like the LPFM crap that they put forth while they practically pulled their arms out of socket patting themselves on the back for a service that did little to nothing for micro broadcasters or to diversify the voices on the FM band.

Basically when the AM band was expanded to 1705...(1705..odd ball freq to end with on a 10Khz channel spacing scheme)...the FCC pretty much began the farce there and gave the added spectrum to the already existing licensed stations, even making it easy for them to make the channel change. Those stations took advantage of that right away because of the crowded 530-1600 section. Now the extended band is just as crammed up as the other.

I remember when that extended band was being proposed there was even sections in the proposal that this would be great for a new LPAM service. Of course the old sacred cows of the National Asinine Brotherhood swooped in and did their usual butt patting lobbying with the old excuses and cried like newborn calf's that the extended channels are best utilized for existing "grandfather" stations.

Its all about control of what they keep calling "public airwaves". There is no such thing as "public airwaves" after 1934.

And that is the key problem...using 1934 prospective and regulations of a by-gone era, when even the best of best in technology of that time was highly un-reliable and un-predictable, to be a factor in today's far more advanced technological world. It is no longer a matter of maintaining spectral purity and quality along side of programming that the public wants. Obviously today's sophisticated systems far exceed even the minimums to meet spectral purity and transmission quality. Its all about catering to the elite so they have control. Forcing this control over society through incredibly ridiculous fees way out of the reach of said public, red tape and stupid processes which obviously are designed to cause loss of interest, stipulations and limitations that are way beyond the scope of the various radio services.

It is effectively set up like a members-only if you can pay and wait and pay some more scam, and like an insider club of, and for, the elite.

Terrestrial radio is dead and has been so ever since the first buy up of single ownership radio stations across the country by big corporate conglomerates to control every channel and every bit of the entire spectrum.

I recall back in the 60's when there was talk about how by the year 2000 we would have flying cars, and that was even talked about much earlier before the 60's. The lame ass excuse as to why is that the skies are "crowded". Really? Crowded with what.....too much open airspace?!!

Well the same is with the entire EM spectrum. It is said that the spectrum is "crowded". Well golly geez, when you cram everything into a tiny portion of the EM spectrum and have massive gaps of nothing in the rest of the spectrum well.....DUH!!!

Look at how the current allotment of spectrum is crammed together and is any wonder why there is discussion about IBOC co-channel interference and push to squeeze it all together even tighter with narrower channel spacing and allotment....again....DUH!!! Yet above, below and everywhere else...my spectrum analyzer sees a plethora of "empty air-space". Oh wait...forgot....the elite want to cram their coffers even more with spectrum auctions and special interest funding.....DUH!!!

And they continue to call it "public airwaves"......DOH!!!

RFB
KROCKS ZPR 92.3 FM/1670 AM Stereo Online 128K/48K/24AAC+
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Spiffy Pirate Radio Documentary

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.