Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Episodes & Show Prep
| | | |-+  2012-02-05
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012-02-05  (Read 3662 times)

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
2012-02-05
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »

I've tried looking online for "ericsson council" - you know, the concrete self sufficient "life Yacht."

I can't find anything.  Maybe I have it spelled wrong?  Any leads to more information?

-Kelvin
==============================
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

-Samuel Adams

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: 2012-02-05
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:48:50 AM »

I couldnt find it, bumping for ya

Ian
Mark
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:20 AM »

http://www.ericssoncouncil.org/

Will be very interested in seeing what these look like in real life...

-Kelvin
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

-Samuel Adams

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »

[img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 01:02:46 AM »

Is that from one of the Road Warrior Movies?  Looks like it but I don't remember any with water....

-Samuel Adams

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 03:49:15 AM »

Is that from one of the Road Warrior Movies?  Looks like it but I don't remember any with water....

Waterworld

david

• View Profile
    • The Electronic Cigarette Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »

From their join the Holy Seal Lion page: http://www.ericssoncouncil.org/page7.html

Quote:

"You'll learn what the Bible really says, by the amazingly simple technique known as "reading."

You'll learn to hear the Voice of the Lord, and pray according to His will.

You'll learn to heal the sick, do miracles, all that fun stuff.  Really.  Our God is an awesome God.

You'll work among other Christians who have dedicated their lives to His service.

As a Sea Lion, you can preach the Gospel, conduct medical missions, free slaves, build infrastructure for the coming 'beast' system...the Twelve Fleets each have a specific purpose, and you can work among people who feel like you do.

Don't waste your Christianity on "attendance."  Get up and do those good works that God prepared for you before the world began.  Join the Sea Lions Academy."

I am sorry, but why would you want to go hang out with a bunch of uptight christians on boats? The bible is not known for being tolerant of nonconformist or freethinkers. The bible tends to recommend death by murder to those who don't do what it says. Tolerance is not a big part of its message.

Can anyone explain what the these guys mean by saying that they are preparing infrastructure for the coming of the "beast system" means? That sounds like they believe in the coming of the Antichrist and the number of the beast type of stuff. If that's the message -- buy a boat because Satan is coming -- then why bother? The christians believe they are going to be taken up to heaven in the rapture, so why the boat? The sane should buy some seeds and learn how to plant food instead. That's more practical than reading the bible all day and hoping god will give you some good current and float your boat toward an island with some food or water on it.

By the way, if you hear the voice of the LORD, you are fucking crazy. Get some medical help immediately!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:40:08 PM by david »
eCigs.net - The Electronic Cigarette Forum

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 08:22:57 AM »

they believe in the coming of the Antichrist and the number of the beast type of stuff

They do. I have met them. Even the ones that arent all westboro types believe that stuff. But dont try and bring logic into this, you wont get very far.

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »

"I am sorry, but why would you want to go hang out with a bunch of uptight christians on boats? The bible is not known for being tolerant of nonconformist or freethinkers. The bible tends to recommend death by murder to those who don't do what it says. Tolerance is not a big part of its message."

I wouldn't.  Yeah, after looking over their site, that Christian extremism thing they have going on did seem a little strange to me.  I got interested it it when Mark interviewed someone from the organization.  If I recall correctly there wasn't much discussion of Christian stuff during the interview.  I was under the impression that they had a "secular" arm to the "life yacht" concept as well and that was what they were promoting to the FTL audience.  Maybe in an attempt to gain from economies of scale?  I may have to ask Mark about it next time I get on FTL.

Mark seemed pretty excited about the potential of the concept at the time.  And Mark impresses me as one of the more realistic and practical hosts on the show.  Not that that is saying much when referencing a show like FTL!  :)

-Kelvin

-Samuel Adams

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »

OK, I revisited the site- It does look as if there is an option of being an independent and not having to "hang out with a bunch of uptight christians on boats."  But your point is well taken.  It will be interesting to see it this concrete boat thing ever makes it to fruition.

-Kelvin

-Samuel Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Episodes & Show Prep
| | | |-+  2012-02-05

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.